There is a role for government regulation
- We believe responsible regulation is necessary so long as it promotes transparency, good governance, and defends the rights of individuals.
- We do not support regulation that erodes choice, eliminates options, and prevents the freedom of trade.
- We believe the financial lives of Americans are deeply embedded in other policies and affects almost every part of a household well-being.
- We believe that competition is one of the most effective ways to improve products for individuals.
- We are generally hopeful in the future, affirmative about the impact of governments, and believe most companies are attempting to do what is right.